During 3 sessions, coordinated by Resolvus and Solventure Academy, we’ll guide you through 6 rounds of a business simulation game called “The Cool Connection”. Sign up and join a team of 4 people with whom you will collaborate, discuss the next steps for your virtual company, exchange experiences, create a common mindset for both Supply Chain & Finance, and hopefully win as the best-performing team at the end of round 6.
The sessions are planned on the following dates in 2021:
- November 25, classroom format
- December 2, virtual format
- December 9, classroom format
Check the tab ‘Practical details‘ to have a full overview of dates, timing, and location. And register by filling in the form at the bottom of this page.
What to expect?
- teams of four participants representing the functional roles of Sales, Purchasing, Supply Chain and Finance
- get an understanding of how these roles interact & what you can do to harmonize them
- sharpen your vision during peer-to-peer and cross-industry discussions
- challenge yourself to look beyond your own role & responsibilities
- gather working points to enable further alignment in your own supply chain processes
- connect to fellow professionals by sharing best practices and joining interactive discussions
The 3-day program
First 2 rounds of the simulation game
- Discover and discuss drivers for supply chain management and finance in a classroom environment
- Understand how quantitative and qualitative approaches can work in unison
- Learn basic concepts and best practices, and reflect on steps to take
Remote team assignment by playing round 3 and 4 of the simulation game
- Discover the ins and outs of the next 2 rounds in team
- Online support available on December 2 to discuss potential hurdles or to share experiences and gain some tips & tricks
- Translate targets and see how planning and managing these is a key enabler for a balanced supply chain
Last 2 rounds of the simulation game
- Discover and discuss drivers for Integrated Business Planning in a classroom environment
- Understand how to keep the right focus
- Disclose gaps in your current S&OP organization and find ways to the process so it becomes a heartbeat at the center of the organization
We strongly recommend the participation of anyone with responsibilities in any domain that is affected by or involved in Supply Chain Planning or Finance. So, do you carry responsibility in guiding the business in the right direction, we will be glad to reserve a seat for you. And while you’re at it: why don’t you bring along some colleagues and come with your own cross-functional team?
We ask only for one prerequisite for attending The Cool Connection: be knowledgeable about some basic concepts and terminology about the topic, so that from the very start of the day, we can deep dive into very useful content, exercises and discussions, thereby generating the most value out of the training, for all attendees present. Don’t be alarmed. We will provide the expected basic knowledge upfront, so you can familiarize yourself with it if needed.
Welcome, all of you!
- Day 1 – November 25, classroom session
- Day 2 – December 2, virtual session
- Day 3 – December 9, classroom session
- Format: Classroom training on Day 1 and 3. Virtual session via Zoom on Day 2.
- Location: Resolvus office, Kortrijksesteenweg 189-191, 9830 Sint-Martens-Latem, Gent
- Registration: is open! Subscribe by completing the registration form.
Good to know:
To ensure the right amount of interaction, networking, and energy, we implement a go/no-go decision point before each session, based on the number of subscriptions. In case of a no-go, all subscriptions stay valid for a future session of your choice; we will contact each subscriber to check the possibilities for upcoming sessions.
Below we’ve listed some Frequently Asked Questions and their response. Just open the text box by clicking the question you also had in mind. In case you’d like more information on other subjects, use our contact form to get in touch.
We know from experience that industry-specific decisions with regards to the S&OP process are made at certain levels. But this does not mean you cannot learn from them. By understanding why this industry tackles their process in such a way, you broaden your S&OP vision. Next, we encourage our participants to interact with each other and share experiences. Every process improvement has its own successes and possible pitfalls no matter which industry you are in. Step out of your comfort zone and learn from your peers.
We strongly recommend the participation of anyone with responsibilities in any domain from supply chain but also sales, finance, procurement, IT,… is warmly invited. Certainly, when you are planning/executing a supply chain project that affects multiple departments, bring your colleagues along so you can shape one vision to take your project to a next level.
One thing that is guaranteed is that you’ll go home with at least one working point that you can implement in your own process the next business day. For each role attending this program, the takeaway can be quite different, so why don’t we let previous attendees do the talking:
“It is a good training and it indeed provides you with a good insight between the practical and theoretical way of thinking and pushes you in some way to think more out of the box than stay within a kind of ‘comfort’ zone”
“This training provided me with an overview of what S&OP is all about. Having this overview enables me to see the bigger picture instead of treating each planning process individually.”
“The topics as such are not new to me, but how it is presented and communicated gives a refreshing view. By reusing provided examples, I can trigger my own team members and challenge managers to take the next step in S&OP maturity.”
After filling out the registration form you will receive a personal confirmation email within the next business day. This confirmation email validates that we welcome you to the Cool Connection and that we’ll arrange all the necessary material & catering.
We send out the invoices in the same week the session takes place.
We understand that certain circumstances can prevent you from joining our session. Let’s see if you can join one of the upcoming sessions or if a colleague can step in and use your seat. When we are not informed and have a no-show, we will charge the participants fee.